Texas

Texas

Monday, February 1, 2016

Lead Kindly Light

Hey y'all!

So this email will be short because we are having an extra MLC today.
We had one on Wednesday and didn't finish. We are setting some mission
goals so today I was At the meeting most the day. It's exciting to be
a part of some great mission goals!

We got to go on exchanges on Saturday with the crossroads and Aubrey
sisters, sister Cooper and sister Yates. Sister Cooper was in Tyler
when I was in Nac so we both understand the challenge of coming back
into the city from out east! The exchange was great!

Sister Cowper and I were asked to sing in sacrament meeting in the 4th
Ward, but we were so busy that we didn't practice at all! We just went
up there and sang lead kindly light with harmonies and everything on
the spot! I love the words of this hymn, I believe it is one of the
greatest lessons I am learning over and over again.

We have been getting a lot of really good member referrals lately! We
are so impressed with the members willingness to share the gospel!

Brother Warren and James were asked to bear testimony in sacrament
meeting and they also received the priesthood!

Ponderizing D&C 88:123-124 "123 See that ye love one another; cease to
be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.
124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one
with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed
early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and
your minds may be invigorated.
125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity,
as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace."
I will be learning these lessons all my life! My mission and my family
has helped me with these things more than anything else. I could spend
the entire email dissecting this scripture, but I don't have time!

You know you are doing something right when you're iPad tries to
correct the word "much" to "Uchtdorf"

Love,
Sister Jones

Exchanges

No comments:

Post a Comment