Texas

Texas

Monday, January 25, 2016

Church hopping=spiritually fit

Hey y'all!

We we on exchanges this week with sister Terry and Chischillie. I got
to be with sister Terry again ! It has been so cool to be serving
close to her pretty much her whole mission! It was a great exchange :)
we saw miracles that lifted our spirits!

One of these miracles was finding Courtney and Jackson. We knocked on
a less active door to stop by and she wasn't there. Her son's wife and
the wife's Brother (both nonmembers) were there, we asked if we could
share a message with them and they said yes! Before the lesson we
asked her about her religious beliefs and she said that she had been
to a lot of churches, but none of them had really felt right to her,
or aligned with her personal beliefs about animals having a soul and
whatnot. After we shared the first vision, we asked her how she felt.
She told us that the first vision really connected with her personal
beliefs. She loves that Joseph Smith went out into nature to connect
with God and to pray! Both Courtney and Jackson have A baptismal date
for February 27!

We were also able to have a very powerful lesson with the Warrens at
Bishop Edward's home! We talked about the priesthood and how they can
prepare to receive it. On Saturday they were both baptized! It was a
very sweet service, James even bore his testimony at the end and
Brother Warren was in tears. Sister Cowper and I had the opportunity
to sing I know that my Savior loves me.

It was the Allen fourth ward's Ward conference on Sunday. So for
fourth hour we had a meeting with our ward mission leader and some
stake representatives. During the course of the meeting sister Cowper
and I were pretty quiet. I kept having the prompting to bring up The
Colony in the discussion. The whole time I suppressed this feeling
because I didn't want to seem prideful and I also didn't want to
compare areas. But then I remembered the talk given by President
Nelson titled, "A Plea to my Sisters". I decided to speak up and now
the stake representatives would like to have Brother Warner's email
and phone number (The Colony WML)  to get help with the Ward mission
plans for the whole steak! I'm glad that I spoke up and follow the
prompting to share!

We were texting an investigator to invite him to church and I just
wanted to share his response: "hey ladies, I am having a great
weekend. Thank you for asking. I hope you guys are too. I have been
doing church hopping trying to get spiritually fit and tomorrow is not
the Mormon turn, sorry. Plus, Jesus told me in my dreams that I wasn't
ready yet. Thank you for inviting anyways. I will attend it sometime
in the near future. You ladies be safe it's a jungle out there.
You have to understand that brother Avila to find this at all funny!
He wasn't being serious for most of it!

Ponderizing: D&C 82:3 "for of him unto whom much is given much is
required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the
greater condemnation"
I have been blessed with an ideal family, which is pretty rare in
these times! I was also raised in the gospel with the "Jones family
five" (family prayer, scripture study, family home evening, family
counsel, and temple attendance). These habits are my way of life and
have proven to be the biggest blessing in my life and the greatest
influence on my personal conversion. I have been given much more than
I deserve by a loving Heavenly Father. I don't know why I was blessed
with these things and others weren't, but I do know that because of
these blessings, I have a great responsibility to serve God. All I
want is to fulfill his plan for me, so I can serve him to the best of
my ability and help him in his purpose to bring his children
immortality and eternal life.

Love,
Sister Jones

The Warren's Baptism
Warrens with Shyanne
Exchanges with Allen 1&5

An old picture we got this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment