Texas

Texas

Monday, February 8, 2016

"Girl, we takin these braids and we goin undah!!!!!"

Hey y'all!

JESSICA WAS APPROVED FOR BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Tuesday I got a call from President Taylor telling me that the
first presidency approved for Jessica to get baptized! He then gave me
permission to call the Nacogdoches sisters and Jessica herself to
break the news. President told me that he wanted me to be the first to
know! I called Sister Bramall and we did a happy dance together over
the phone! Then I called Jessica and told her that we received some
news about her baptism… She seemed a little worried and asked what I
heard. I told her she was approved for baptism and she was screaming
and crying and so happy, she could hardly talk! I have never seen
anyone work so hard in order to be baptized, and I have never seen
anyone so overjoyed and grateful to be able to be baptized in my
entire life! So probably in a couple of weeks she will be baptized!
Unfortunately, I likely won't be able to go since it is so far away,
but I will try to skype in! I am so happy for her! That was the best
phone call of my life! Sister Ricks and I broke our hearts with her
and went through so much trial and set back with her, she holds my
heart! I was so happy to hear her voice say "giiiirl, we takin these
braids and we goin undah!!!!!!!"

Another miracle of the week: we visited with a LA couple, the Empeys,
and they really opened up to us! Sister Empey told us, "you must be
special because he never talks like this" about her husband! The
spirit was so strong and softened up his heart. They both came to
church Sunday for the first time in years!

So I have a new "weirdest food on the mission" since everyone always
asks return missionaries...Saturday we ate cow tongue tacos! I know
the next question everyone is asking, so I'll answer right now: it
just tasted like normal meat until I actually started thinking too
much about what it was...

It has been a fiesta week! Sunday: enchiladas, Tuesday:  tacos,
Wednesday: enchiladas, Thursday: tacos, Friday: tacos, Saturday:
enchiladas and tacos!...but wait...Sunday we are mixing it up!!!! We
had taco salad!!!!!! Let's just pull out our passports and go down to
Mexico! :)

This week I am ponderizing Joseph Smith history 1:15-20
I find it interesting that in verse 15 the devil tries to bind Joseph
Smith's tongue, I think he does that to missionaries as much as he
can. He may say "that person looks like they are in a hurry, don't
talk to them" or "you are running so late don't stop to talk to that
person" or "don't invite him to be baptized, it might scare him" or
"don't invite her to be baptized, she isn't ready yet" those are all
tricks of the Devil to try to bind our tongues, he does it to members
when they try to bring up the gospel to their friends as well! The
only way to over come is to open our mouths and testify with all our
might as we pray for strength and the spirit to confirm our words.

I am so thankful to be a missionary who can testify everyday of the
love our Savior has for us!
Love,
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment