Texas

Texas

Monday, February 15, 2016

C4, G3, C3PO?

Hey y'all!

 Sister Cowper is getting transferred tomorrow and I will get a new
companion! We won't find out where she is going or who my companion is
until tonight. I am sad she is leaving! I know she is going to be a
great leader for this mission and I am so jealous that she still has
most of her mission ahead of her! After being companions with sister
Bramall and then sister Cowper, I feel like I was privileged to train
the future leadership of this mission! They are both so mighty and
consecrated! I learned so much from their energy and examples! I am so
proud of both of them!

We had a member of the 70 visit this week with his wife! Elder Zwick
came to another MLC this week, and zone conference the next day, and
then a meeting with the Ward councils and the zone leaders and STLs
that night. It is such a privilege to be a part of this work! I feel
like our mission is taking off flying with member missionary work! The
measures we have taken to unify with the Ward councils and members has
produced miracles, I know that this is the way Heavenly Father wants
his work done. And I am ALL IN. This is the most urgent work there is!

During Zone conference I was able to talk to the elders that are now
serving in The Colony! I found out that brother Earhart (came to
church for the first time in YEARS my last week in The Colony) is now
receiving the priesthood and has been back every week! Previously, he
wouldn't even let us in his house, but little by little he let us in
and now he is getting the priesthood!!!!! I also found out that the
less active family, the Mannings, who came to the Warners to say good
bye to me and stayed for an hour at our house not wanting to go, are
now active!!!  It was so good to hear about others who are also doing
to well in The Colony, it is comforting to know the work never stops!

During zone conference I was sitting in between sister Terry and
sister Cowper, both of whom I have back up trained, I just wanted to
throw my arms around them and never let go! Sister Terry called it
"the evil step mother sandwich" :) I just needed sister Vail, and
sister Bramall, and sister Golding to be there so I could have my rich
posterity! I feel sooo blessed to have seen the strength of these
sisters! I swear each new round of missionaries coming out are
stronger than the last!! The younger generations have been saved for
this special time! I think of my 17 year old brother Trevor, and am
amazed. He is so strong! He does tons of family history work, he
studies PMG, and he serves everyone around him , he helps the
missionaries out, he is just so amazing, I can't wait to see his
mission and even better yet, my future children's missions.

We also got to go on exchanges this week with sister Cooper and Yates
again! We double worked Allen for a day! Sister Yates and I even found
a church in an outlet mall! Only in Texas!

We met with Courtney Larsen again this week, and had a super powerful
lesson! She is still praying about baptism. She came to church this
week with her LA member husband and her son Christian the fourth or
C4!!!! He is a cute little 5 year old!

We also met with a new family, the Burns. They are less active and
have a ten year old son that we just set a baptismal date for! They
want to come back, but they struggle getting to church! The sons name
is Gary the third aka G3!!!! So we have a C4 and a G3! :)

We got to take a recent convert, Christy, to the temple for her first
time doing proxy baptisms! She is so cute! We love teaching her! She
just came to our Ward from the Allen 3rd Ward where she was baptized.

Sister Ricks came to see one of the people she knew in Allen go
through the temple and she came up and hugged me in church!!!!! It was
super weird to see her again, she is living in a different world! I
love her though!!!!!!

Funny story of the week: I decided last minute to turn a corner on my
bike so in order to keep my balance and not fall over, after my sharp
turn, I had to ride in a straight path for a good 15 seconds before I
could regain complete control and turn wherever else I wanted.
Unfortunately that straight path involved the direct shot of a
sprinkler at 8 in the evening. I was soaked. :)

My ponderizing scripture is still JS history 1:15-20, I'm on the last
verse now!

Love,
Sister Jones

Sister Yates and the outlet mall church!

Christy's first temple trip!

Sister Lively (LA we do service for)
A member somehow (probably LDS tools) found out our first names and
made us beautiful cookies!
Pic texted by a member

No comments:

Post a Comment