Texas

Texas

Monday, January 11, 2016

Goodbye miss Barbie Montanna!

Hey y'all!

I am now serving in the Allen 4th and 6th wards with sister Cowper!
This is her second transfer, she is from Pleasant Grove Ut. She is
such a hard worker! We have a lot in common as well, I am very happy
to be working with her! Allen is a very affluent and busy city north
of Dallas and east of my previous area, The Colony. The people are
still as friendly as ever though!

I get to be sister Terry's STL still as she was transferred from east
Texas to Allen with me! She is in Allen 1st and 5th wards. I also get
to be over sister Cooper still as she was transferred from out east to
crossroads and Aubrey! I am excited to get to know the other sisters I
am over! :)

Now that I am living the city life I won't smell like cigarette smoke
all the time, be covered in dog hair and slobber, hit a deer, possum,
or an armadillo on the road. I also won't receive a voicemail from a
LA letting us know she is in the dumpster, I won't have black mold
raining in flecks onto my bed from the vents, do service on farms,
drive on dirt roads, or have long road trips. I also won't become very
familiar with trailer parks, or develope a mixed accent with Texan
twang and African American slang.
But I will enjoy the bike life where we freeze! And sweat. And freeze!
And sweat. And freeze again! I will enjoy the cleanliness, the
friendliness, and the culture of the sweet city, Allen. I will enjoy
the fact that there are businesses everywhere if there is anything I
need. I am closer to Dallas for meetings. At first I struggled leaving
Nac, but  just as Lot's wife was commanded not to look back, I know I
need to consider that my future is better than my past, and don't look
back!!!

We taught James and Gary Warren for the second time this week and we
set a baptismal date with them for January 23rd! They are member
referrals, Gary is the father of James who is 15.  They gained their
answers and testimony through the Book of Mormon! They have been
reading it and came to church!

So unfortunately I had to retire miss Barbie Montana. In case y'all
didn't notice, I got a weave in Nac about 2 months ago. The African
American culture stuck on me! I really loved my weave! Jessica helped
me get it and showed me the best quality of hair to buy. But the weave
and the bike life just don't mesh! Plus Allen has a different culture.
So we hung it on the wall above my bed :D

This week I am ponderizing Moroni 7:45 and 10:3-5. the first is about
the attributes of Charity and the second is Moroni's promise at the
end of the Book of Mormon for all who receive and ponder the Book of
Mormon to pray and find an answer through the he Holy Ghost. I love
the verse on charity as it helps me learn how to  know what I need to
do to develop pure, Christ-like love. I also chose Moroni 10:3-5
because the Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is the most
powerful resource in conversion! This is how the Warrens received
their answer to be baptized! The Book of Mormon has changed my life
for the better. It has helped me to feel the Holy Ghost's promoting to
make changes in my life, it edifies me to become closer to Christ.

Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Jones

710 Featherbrook Ct
Allen TX 75002



No comments:

Post a Comment