Texas

Texas

Monday, January 4, 2016

Goodbye gator-man and Nac-a-no-where! I'll be back someday!

Hey y'all!

We had the best week ever! We taught up a storm! Taylor was baptized! He service was SO sweet! His non-member family all drove in from Dallas to see it and they were crying! Hannah his member girlfriend was crying! It was just so sweet! He bore a great testimony to one of our new investigators who came to church Sunday! Taylor also received the priesthood on Sunday!

We found and taught five new investigators this week! I'm ending Nac on a high note!

Oh yeah I forgot to say I'm getting transferred! I'm going to Allen! Back to the city! I'm nervous to go back to the fast track! I love the slower country and red-neck life out here! I will miss east Texas! I am going to be backup training sister Bramall's MTC companion, so in a way I get to finish training her, kind of. I am also still an STL. My trainee sister Bramall is going to be training!!!!! She hasn't even finished her own training! I am SO proud of her!!! She is so ready! I am so grateful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to train her, because she is going to work so many miracles for this mission!

Laura Blount (La) came to church for the fourth week in a row!!!! We are so proud of her! She bore her testimony, sweet, and powerful!

We gave a bible to "Gator-man" an older white guy who is Texan through and through! It was hilarious!
I am going to miss Nac-a-no-where experiences like that!

I don't have time really to update y'all but here is sister Bramall's email:

"Tue: We went to visit a young women's leader and see how we could help the program but when the door opened it was not Sister Hisel but an adorable African American family! Shocked I kept my mouth shut but luckily my trainer didn't miss a step and asked if his parent was home. Sadly, he responded "I am a parent." To which my companion said "oh, I'm sorry. You're just really short."  Also it was an adult female, not a teenage boy.... But the Lord and the Holy Ghost made up for all of our inadequacies and by a miracle they invited us. We are now working towards them being baptized later this month.

Wednesday: We were during service for the Mumm family in the country part of Nac. We moved 100s of bunnies to their new farm in Garrison. I could have sworn those bunnies were the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, but they were really meet bunnies :( But don't worry they also had cute fluffy bunnies that were for the petting Zoo. Yup, a member of our ward owns a petting Zoo with donkeys, zebras, and emus!!!

Thursday: We street contacted at Starbucks!!! Here's the whole story: during our dinner hour we decided to go get smoothies but luckily the smoothie place was closed for the holidays. So we ended up at Starbucks getting pumpkin steamers.

Shortly after the SFA student (who weirdly looks a lot like captain America) sitting at the next table asked if I was a nun. I told him I was one step down, and was a sister missionary. We talked a little bit more about Mormons and then he asked when and where church was. Then later that night my companion and I were driving down this dirt road lined with trees when a possum ran in front of our car! Poor possum :( but doesn't that sound like movie?

Friday: New Year's Eve got pretty crazy down here in Nac... And by crazy I mean we were home by 9:30 pm instead of 9:00 pm. But we did have dinner and a game night with the Cox family and a recent convert family. Awkwardly though the recent convert (Janna) does not have a phone. So we went to find and invite her in person but she wasn't home. Instead her stepmother was there, so we taught her the first lesson. Right as we were leaving Janna showed up, so we agreed to wait for them to change so that they could follow us to the party. 40 minutes and shower later we were finally on the way to the party. We also had a lesson half way through the party so by the time we got there we awkwardly left.. It was just an awkward but very fun day.

Saturday:  Saturday we were in the rednecked area of Nac. That was an adventure. First we dropped of two bibles to this old man named "Gatorman" yup, you're guess is about as good as mine as why he calls himself Gatorman. Haha after him we did some tracking. One person thought we were the neighborhood kids doorbell ditching again and almost yelled at us for it, the next told us that her church aposed the Mormon church but the last lady had her grandson invite us in for a game of dominos because she thought it was her cousins at the door. It got pretty awkward when she found out it was to white Mormon missionaries and not her cousins. She agreed to have us back over though.

Sunday: Our less active, who has been less active for ten years, got up a bore her testimony about her deciding to come back to church and that she felt like this ward was her family. It was one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever heard. Also remember Captain America/Starbucks guy? Well he really did show up to church! But everyone who normally comes the gospel principles were out of town for the holidays. So we grab as many of the YSA kids as we could and convinced them to come to gospel principles. Luckily we were teaching that week and decided to just teach the first lesson. We even had some YSA kids come who didn't realize it was gospel principles but they just went along with the craziness and it all worked out. "

Thank you to sister Bramall for letting me use her email this week!

Love,
Sister Jones

New address
710 Feartherbrook Dr
Allen TX 75002

Aujayla and Jaymarian

Aujayla and Jaymarian

Aujayla and Jaymarian

Gator-man's Home

Goodbye to Ruth

Jessica Goodbye

Taylor and Hannah at Taylor's Baptism

We love Mexico!



Christmastime with the Taylor's

No comments:

Post a Comment