Texas

Texas

Monday, January 18, 2016

I'll get you my pretty! And your little dog too!

Hey y'all!

We have been able to teach the Warrens a lot this week!!! We had to
squeeze in all of their lessons before their baptismal interview,
which they passed!!!! Allen rarely baptized, last year they only had 5
baptisms in all of the multiple Allen wards combined, now in January,
the first month of the year the Allen 6th Ward is getting two baptisms
already! And the rest of the Warren family will follow soon I'm sure!!
The wife and four other kids have great potential!! James is SO smart!
He answers every question with such a mature and clear understanding,
and he goes to seminary every morning!

On Saturday we were biking and it was SO cold!! Sister Cowper and I
had planned to stop in on around 10 different families, but not even
one was home!!! We contacted a guy who very rudely told us to go home
out of the cold and don't get sick! Little did he know that we had no
choice in the matter, we were going to stay out and be obedient. We
were biking and in so much pain because of the cold! We started to
knock doors and we could hardly walk, then we praying and had faith
for a miracle. A member stepped out of his house and turned on his car
heater for us so we could sit alone in his truck for ten minutes to
warm up since he couldn't let us in his house with his wife out of
town. Heavenly Father is very aware of his missionaries, I know we are
unworthy of his blessings, but he loves and blesses us anyways!

On Sunday we had the chance to sing at a mission presidents fireside
for investigators and recent converts in the surrounding stakes!
Sister Cowper and I sang Joseph Smith's first prayer, we really enjoy
singing together!

I am so grateful to be here in Allen, I know it is where I am meant to
be, even if I am still having Nac withdrawals!

I am ponderizing D&C 25:12 "for my soul delighteth in the song of he
heart; yea the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall
be answered with a blessing upon their heads."
When we are biking have a song in my heart really keeps my attitude in
a positive state! :) I'll either be humming "duhduh duhduh duhduuuh
duh, duhduh duhduh duhduuuh duh, duuuuuh" like the wicked witch of the
west on her bicycle in a dress or I'll be singing a nice hymn, both
are very uplifting :)

Love,
Sister Jones

Matching Outfits


Warming up in the members truck

Allen Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment