Texas

Texas

Monday, December 14, 2015

small and simple, Nac-a-miracle

Hey y'all!

Jessica Anderson: met with President Taylor, he endorsed her baptism! They both wrote letters to the first presidency to get permission for her baptism! we should hear back in a month or so! She also came to church again this week!
Aujayla and Jaymarian enjoyed YWs and cub scouts!

Ruth Stahnke and Don Tippins: Stopped the stop smoking program. but it is ok! they will start again soon!

Taylor Partlow: has been sick, but was in church and we will meet with him tonight!

Ashley Jinkins: We anonymusly dropped off the gifts that my family sent in a package and they are SO excited! Ashley immediately took the story book and sat down with Carson and read it to them. They really felt the Holy Ghost, I don't even remember what book we gave them, but whatever it was brought the spirit!

On Thursday we got to do service at the Mumm's farm again! I love manual labor, it is always a nice break! We took down fences and hauled out wood and pried out nails and got dirty!!! =)

We went on STL exchanges on Wednesday to Thursday as well. So I was with Sister Whittier. Sister Bramall and I conspired together before the exchanges and found about 20 pictures of Sister Terry and I from The Colony. We sent Sister Bramall to Gilmer with some tape to place the pictures all over their apartment while sister Terry wasn't looking! She is still enjoying the image of my face as she continues to find the pictures! =)

This week has been a little more stressful than usual, I feel a lot of pressure and almost like I need to solve everyone's problems! I have been a little worried about things going on here with the Sisters. I am just so glad that the Savior is the one who solves the problems, not me! I am trying not to feel overwhelmed by it!

My ponderizing scriptures actually have really helped. I was able to relate this week's ponderizing scripture to last week's. This week is Helaman 5:12 about setting our foundation on Christ. I know I cannot do anything worthwhile without Christ! Last week was Alma 37:6-7 about small and simple things. These scriptures have helped me to realize that I don't have to save the world, or the Sisters out east. =P I just need to keep doing the small and simple things that I actually can do because the Lord will do the rest. I need to humble myself and not expect myself to fix it all, the Savior already did! =) I am so grateful that He did because there is no way that I ever could! Yesterday I fasted for them and I always pray for them. Besides that, exchanges, phone calls, and letters, there is not much else I can do . Just love! Fasting was a small and simple thing, but I am promised in this scripture that great things will come of it!

I hope all of y'all are having a great week and enjoying time with your families! =) Second holiday season away gets me excited for next year when I will be with my family! Don't worry though, there is no place I'd rather be this year for Christmas than in Nac-a-miracle! =)

Love,
Sister Jones

STL Exchanges
Carson

Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Sunny day in December

Played Chubby Bunnies in YW
Jessica Meets with Pres. Taylor
Sister Marcum!

No comments:

Post a Comment