Texas

Texas

Monday, December 7, 2015

Poor Bambie!

Hey Y'all!

Taylor Partlow: We set a baptismal date with Taylor!!! Sister Bramall set her first date! She was so bold and followed the spirit and he accepted the date for January 2nd!

Ruth Stahnke (LA) and Don Tippins (IINV): We had a lesson that did not go as we planned, but it went as the Lord had planned! We ended up talking about the word of wisdom again and Don expressed his desire to quit smoking, then Ruth piped in and said she wants to do it with him! This was a huge miracle because before Ruth was too afraid to even pray for the desire to quit!
We also went to the Nac Christmas parade with them on main street!

Abdersons: We watched the Christmas devotional with them last night! Earlier we were teaching a lesson on faith through trials, the spirit was so strong! Jessica was cry and bore powerful testimony of waiting on the Lord as we do all we can, the she said "Sister Jones, I just have to show you this video!" We thought it would be some faith building video she found on FB, but it was a video of some lady getting infusions! If you don't know what an infusion is, it is a step up from a weave. She then proceeded to tell me that she talked to her friend who can do them and she wants me to get them! Of course she'd interrupt her own testimony to talk about fake hair!

Speaking of hair... I dyed Charity's hair on Tuesday! Charity is a less active member we have been working with the whole time I've been here. She heard me say something about Sister Ricks dying the ends of my hair blonde and she assumed i knew what I was doing and asked me to dye her whole head! She thought I had experience or something! She also is really picky about hair and never let anyone dye it except Sister Peterson who had a cosmetology license! So you can imagine what my prayers sounded like as we were going into her house! my prayers worked and she loves her newly dyed dark brown hair!!

Another adventure of the week: we were driving down the highway and heard a big thump on the side of our car! We looked back and saw that we hit a deer!!! It must have pin-balled off the car going the other way and hit the drivers side door of our car! So now we have run over an investigator's cat and hit a deer! Just the other week the Elders hit a dog! We are so cruel! =P

My ponderizing scripture for the week is Alma 37:6-7 "by small and simple thing are great things brought to pass"
Sister Bramall has been helping me to recognize how crazy I am, but also the joy in the little miracles. =) Experiences that are normal to me are new and exciting to her, I can re-live the pure enthusiasm that comes with missionary experience of Nacogdoches! through small and simple things have I received new eyes.

Love,
Sister Jones

1.Sister Whittier and I are hosting a weekly picture contest for the out east sisters this transfer! Just for fun and to help us become one and enjoy the season. This week's theme was snowmen! This was ours...Do you wanna build a snowman?! with the Cranks!
2.Twinning!





We should have done this! What were we thinking! only in East Texas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment