Texas

Texas

Monday, December 21, 2015

5 armaaadillooooos! 4 Longhorns grazing, 3 roaches running, 2 boots a scootin, and a real Texas Bar-B-Q!!!!

Hey y'all!

We are sitting in Firestone waiting probably for a couple hours to get
our tire fixed, it was completely flat this morning! We are so blessed
to have elders in the area who quickly came and put on the spare for
us to get here!

Updates on people:

Andersons: same
Ruth Stahnke and Don Tippins: same

Taylor Partlow: shared with us that he sees the happiness and strength
of families in the Ward and he wants that for his future family which
is why he wants to be baptized! He is going to be a great husband and
father someday! We are scheduling his baptismal interview for this
week!

Ashley, Carson, and Steven: Steven is Ashley's boyfriend. We started
teaching him and set a baptismal date, but it is hard to set up times
to meet with them. We usually just have to drop by when we have time!

We also had a Dallas trip this week for the Christmas specialized
training in the Taylor's home. It was nice to be there and feel their
love!

My ponderizing scripture for the week is Ether 12:6 "And now, I,
Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show
unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen;
wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness
until after the trial of your faith"
This scripture has helped me to recognize that even though I have
worries weighing on my heart, that because I am continuing to act in
faith, I will eventually see a miracle, but not right this instant.

Sister Bramall and I have been having loads of fun dropping off parts
of nativities for 12 days of Christmas and snowflaking peoples doors!
We have only been caught 2 times so far...of course Phillip caught us
in our 12 days of Christmas, now he just waits a minute before he
answers the doors to leave us time to get away :)
The other time we were caught was snowflaking a family in the Ward.
Sister Bramall was putting up the snowflakes and I was giving her the
pieces of rolled up tape. Their dog started barking and I ran for the
hills! (Well actually I ran behind their car) and sister Bramall just
flattened herself against the wall of their house right next to the
door! One of the kids opened the door and didn't even see her! He went
back inside and she started to put another snowflake up when he
quickly swung the door back open and caught her mid act! She silently
gave him the snowflake and then we both ran to the car and left! :)

I am so thankful for my supportive family! I know that the family
truly is ordained of God. I am grateful for the sacred roles my
parents play-my mom giving birth to me, and my dad baptizing me to be
born again. I am thankful for this example of a family so blessed by
the gospel, this is what I want for my future family.

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sister Jones

Gifts at specialized to represent baptism and the sacrament as the
savior's gifts to us
More pictures from our road trip to specialized this last Wednesday

More pictures from our road trip to specialized this last Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment