Texas

Texas

Monday, November 23, 2015

No hanky panky!

Hey y'all!

Tomorrow I get a new companion out here in Nac-a-no-where! Hopefully
it's not too hard of a culture shock on her!

Jessica: still struggles coming to church. She will be baptized I have
no doubts, it's just a question of when!

Don: is still progressing!

We had zone conferences on Thursday. The Gilmer, Tyler and Longview
zones were combined. Sister Ricks and I gave a training about the new
Christmas initiative coming out soon and how we can help the members
to use it to introduce their friends to us in their homes. We had lots
of fun planning it, we even played Christmas charades at the end!

On Friday we sang for the seniors at the Alzheimer Center with the
Spanish Elders. We all sang together in the bleak midwinter, and I got
to sing Believe from the polar express.

In Ward counsel we were telling the bishop that Ruth and Don are just
roommates and that they are not dating. Our WML said "there's no hanky
panky, just Ruth Stahnke." Then about 10 minutes later we were talking
about families in the Ward that could use some help this Christmas and
we mentioned Ruth and the bishop said he'd rather stick with families
with children and Brother Cox said "we could give her a blanky." We
were all just cracking up as it came out of his mouth so naturally and
without expression!

I just finished memorizing the family proclamation and I am sure those
words that are now imprinted into my brain will be a huge blessing now
and in the coming years!

Hope y'all have a wonderful thanksgiving!
I am grateful to be here out in the country of East Texas! I am
grateful for the humility and patience I have learned here, as well as
how to relax and take life slower! I am grateful for the personality
of Nacogdoches and all the blessed people we work with and love! I am
so thankful for my last three transfers with sister Ricks! She has
been a strong and positive influence to help me to be myself while
being a missionary.

Love,
Sister Jones

Flooding!










No comments:

Post a Comment