Texas

Texas

Monday, November 2, 2015

A magical weekend!

Hey y'all!

Sister Ricks and I had a super neat experience! So last Sunday we both
felt lost, we didn't know how to get our one investigator to come to
church or how to find more that we wouldn't have to drop a week later.
We prayer and took the sacrament. We both had a feeling that it is not
something we are supposed to do, it's the members who will get Jessica
to church and find us new investigators! We started doing a bunch of
member stop ins. We started to increase in love, patience, and
appreciation for our members! On Sunday we were practically mobbed in
the hallways of church because all the members and little kids wanted
to say hi and hug us and talk to us! The members have increased love
for us too!!! And then we went to mission leadership counsel on
Tuesday and that was the hot topic of discussion-member and Ward
counsel work! Our mission is so unified! We came up with that focus
for our area and the Lord had that focus for the whole mission! I am
learning to not sweat the numbers, the members are more important
right now :) besides I sweat enough already without worrying about
numbers. We have some solid member referrals coming in soon! The work
will explode as soon as the members catch fire!
We have also been focusing on the YSA. We go to institute and FHE
weekly. On Thursday we did a lemonade stand on the SFA campus in front
of the library with the YSA. It wasn't super successful, but we had
fun and bonded with the YSA. Once we are friends with them, it will
feel more natural for them to introduce their friends to us!
At the lemonade stand some random college student said to me "hello
Jesus, oh sorry, I mean sister Jones" I have never been so honored to
be confused for someone so amazing as Jesus Christ! Ha, well I guess I
do represent him!
We went on exchanges on Friday. I was in Gilmer with sister Whittier.
She is SO sweet and caring!!!! I had a cold that day and she took such
great care of me! She is so sweet! I felt like she was the STL! Our
roles were almost reversed, what a great example of service and love
she is to me! We got to wash dogs for a few hours in the afternoon, I
never thought I'd ever wash a dog in my life! =P but it was surely an
experience to remember.
Friday night was our Ward trunk or treat! We got Charity (our less
active) to go as a Harry Potter character with us! Sister ricks was
slytherine, Charity was ravenclaw, I was from Griffindor, we were just
missing a hufflepuff! It was so fun! The Ward loved our costumes, even
one senior sister in the Ward who thought we were trying to dress up
as elders! I guess the ties and white shirts fooled her! Harry Potter
is a younger generation apparently.
Saturday night we weren't allowed to proselyte from 6 to 9 so we got
together as a zone and had a tri-wizard tournament!!!!!!!!!!! We had
three events and quitdich (excuse my spelling please) to finish it
off!
Hope y'all had a magical Halloween!
Love,
Sister Jones

Just missing hufflepuff!

Leadership Training

Leadership Training

Leadership Training


Exchanges with Sister Whittier!

Got this little note on Sunday! =)



Exchanges with Sister Whittier!



Exchanges with Sister Whittier!







No comments:

Post a Comment