Texas

Texas

Monday, August 17, 2015

The grass is greener than the pavement!

Hey y'all!
This week was full of miracles, as always, and painful, yet funny
stories again! As if my finger in the window wasn't enough! :D we had
41 lessons! Nac numbers are getting closer and closer to The Colony
numbers! Each of those numbers represent children of God coming closer
to him and strengthening their faith! The Lord numbers each of his
children =) we have 10 baptismal dates right now!

Jessica, Aujayla, and Jamari Anderson: This is one of the sweetest
families in the entire world!!!!!!! Aujayla and Jamari are getting
baptized on August 29th! They came to church again this Sunday and
loved it! Aujayla's birthday is tomorrow we are so excited to go over
there and celebrate with her! And Jayla and Jamari are adorable! They
both really look up to us and are excited for their baptism. <3 <3 Jessica
felt the spirit so strong in church that she almost stood up in the
middle of sacrament meeting to announce how grateful she was for the
missionaries! We are going to have to explain to her what fast and
testimony meeting Sunday is and what all of the other Sundays are not.
:D

Shyanne: is a Mormon.org referral. She lives in Shelbyville. An entire
hour away from Nacogdoches! We are going to try and teach her over
Skype. Apparently she's actually in the Hemphill branch boundaries,
but there aren't missionaries and Hemphill. Which means that our area
is the largest in the mission, most likely, it is also the furthest
south and the furthest east in the entire mission!

Debra: Debra is very observant and inquisitive. She really wants to
find out the truth. She asked me why I smile so much, she also asked
why I am so confident. Those questions really made me ponder for a
couple of days. I smile so much because nothing makes me happier than
sharing the greatest source of joy, and our one pathway to salvation!
Also I thought about the confidence question. I don't believe my
confidence stems from pride, but from the hope or assurance that by
living the gospel of Jesus Christ we will return home to our Heavenly
Father. I have confidence in the message we share and in Jesus Christ,
not in my own abilities. When we have the Holy Ghost with us we can
have that confidence as witnesses of Christ and as his
representatives.

Story time!
So, we were on our morning run when we were going down a hill. We had
just come off the trail so we are running on pavement. As I was
running down the hill I tripped over who knows what and could feel
myself going down. I knew I was going down all the way for sure. So as
I stumbled running down the hill I pushed and pushed trying to make it
to the grass! I knew if I could just make it to the grass I would be
OK! Unfortunately as I reached my arms out as a last attempt to fly
onto the grass I landed just a few feet short scraping myself up on
the pavement. I swear I am usually a graceful person! :D on the plus
side, I haven't thought about my bruised finger from the car window
last week at all this week!
The Lord does take care of us though! On Sunday a member took a
picture of the scraps on my arm and sent it to his dermatologist
friend who wrote a prescription for the infection. I didn't even know
what to do besides Neosporin and gauze, but the Lord knew I needed
help. =)
I don't tell this story for anyone to feel bad for me, I actually
laugh every time I tell it! I tell this story so y'all can hear my
testimony of how Heavenly Father sends help, and because I think it is
funny. :D

Love,
Sister Jones


Charity's Disney collection!!!!!! =D











No comments:

Post a Comment