Texas

Texas

Monday, August 10, 2015

Open the windows of heaven! ...or at least the car window...

Hey y'all!
We have had another great week!

Jessica: Jessica is amazing! She spent a long time driving around just
to look for the church a few days before so that she could find it on
Sunday. And she found it! She was there at church on Sunday along with
two of her kids. She was so excited to be baptized on August 22, but
we are going to put it off for a little bit so that she can have a
wedding! But we will try to teach her kids and maybe they can be
baptized soon. Her oldest son, Jaderious, is 14 years old. Next is
Aujayla she is 11 and then Jamari is 9.
We nervously called Jessica to ask if she's married to Thomas.  We
weren't sure how she would react so we were very nervous! We found out
she is not married and we told her she had to be married to be
baptized and then the line went silent… Jessica is probably one of the
biggest talkers I have met, so we had a mini panic attack in our
hearts, but then we looked down and saw that the call had ended so we
had another mini heart attack at first thinking that she hung up on
us! We called her back and it turns out that the call had just lost
connection before we even told her she needed to be married! I was
just all in a rush to get it out that I kept talking for a while
before we realize the call dropped. We went on to tell her in a second
call and she understood and is talking to Thomas about it.

Bre and Luv:  are still doing great. We moved the date back to
September 19 so that they can be more ready and receive more answers.
But we will start meeting with then two times a week :)

Phillips family: Terry was feeling really sick earlier this week and
had to go to the hospital. So we brought them over some dinner. We
didn't really know what to make them so we looked in our pantry and
put together some random things that hopefully turned out! Missionary
cooking gets pretty creative :)

We also met with some homeless people and taught them a lesson. It was
a very different experience! Everyone needs the gospel!

Hope this story brightens someone's day so it can be worth the pain.
We were driving back with a member from trying to see some less
actives in Center and the car windows were open just a crack. I was
just fiddling around and stuck my finger out the crack and then sister
Nielsen shut the windows and smashed my finger! I gasped in shock and
quickly pushed the button to roll the window back down. My eyes were
stinging with water! I grabbed some Kleenex to stop the bleeding as I
breathed real hard in shock from the pain. I raised my arm up to
elevate my finger and breathed deep to keep from screaming or crying!
I look over and there she is still chatting away totally oblivious to
what just happened! To this day sister Nielsen still has no idea that
she closed the window on my finger....

Heavenly Father really loves everyone, it doesn't matter their
background or what choices they have made, he longs for everyone to
come unto him. We teach so many unique individuals here in Nac, and I
love all of them!

Love,
Sister Jones

Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment