Texas

Texas

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Lord sees the Bigger Picture

Hey y'all!
Sister Vail was still sick for the first half of this week so we were inside again. But she is better now! =) I love training so much because the 12 week program is so refreshing! We had a really great goal setting session on Saturday and some good role plays. I am so grateful for the example that Sister Kerr set for me when she trained me and I am so grateful for the good habits we started together that I try to pass on.
Jason is doing really well! We have an appointment scheduled with his mom to share with her what Jason is learning and to ask permission to baptize him. We pray that she will be softened! Jason ask me the other day "Sister Jones! When can I get baptized?!" =)
Josh is still progressing really well, we believe his baptism really will be on the 11th.
We are going to try to get a group together to do temple baptisms with our recent converts! Sister Rebecca Jones, Brother Jones, Debbie, and Ben are all getting their reccomends soon and preparing family names! =)
We had a crazy miracle with Sister McCoy (returning to activity). We were teaching tithing and she started to cry and ask "what more can He ask me to sacrifice!" I felt so sad for her and so uncomfortable with what the spirit was telling us to do. The spirit kept pushing us to keep pushing tithing even when she felt so hopeless. So we pushed it even after she was crying. Believe me I did not want to, I just wanted to hug her. We saw her at church 30 minutes later and she was holding a tithing envelope and slip with a big smile on her face! She came up to hug me and said "I get it!"
I learned that we need to follow the spirit no matter how uncomfortable we are! What the Lord wants is much better than what we want. If I followed my own feelings she would have missed out on the blessings, so I continue to try to make my wants and the Lords wants the same. She is going to be soooo blessed for paying her tithing! =)
We were asked to sing at an 8 year old active family member baptism! That shows how much this ward loves the missionaries =) Sister Vail was still sick Saturday so I went on exchanges and sang for little Emma =) she is adorable!
We recieved crazy news that as a mission we are no longer using object lessons, or certain analogies, not even the plan of salvation circles visual! This is going to change our teaching style a lot, but the apostles have said that they distract from the central message of the atonement and investigators only remember the random visual or object instead of the message. It will be kind of exciting to change up the lessons more and dig deeper into the doctrine. =) Aparently we are getting iPads in June! so half my mission will have been without them and half with them. It is kind of cool that I get to experience both ways.
Love,
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment