Texas

Texas

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Lord knows us best!

hey y'all!
I can't believe I am already 6 months out and 1/3 of the way through! Time goes by so fast! Sister Terry and I are both staying in the Colony for another transfer!!!!! Which I am very relieved because I can feel that my work in this area is not done yet.

WE HAD 10 NON-MEMBERS AT CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a Colony record. We beat it by 2, the previous record was last summer and it was 8. 7 of the 10 were people who came for the very first time! We also had the most lessons taught to an investigator with a member present out of the entire mission! Wow, I have no idea how I was so blessed to be able to serve in this area!  

Last Monday we stopped by a less active family to visit and we found their neighbor there hanging out with all of the boys (ages 19 to 26). We started talking to this neighbor kid, Jason, and he wanted to learn more about the church! I felt like I really connected with him and that I was specifically blessed to be here because he has autism. I felt myself naturally change my teaching style to fit his needs, as people with autism learn differently. The Lord has really prepared me to work with him because of all of my experiences before my mission! This just demonstrates how the Lord knows us so well and He will place us where we need to be when we listen to him. I am so blessed to be able to work with Jason. He even came to church on Sunday and wants to come back every week!

Josh is still doing great! We taught him about tithing and he wants to start paying now instead of waiting to be baptized! His baptismal date is April 11th! =) Josh was at church this week and he brought his dad to church as well!

We have also seen how the devil works on those who are so close to baptism! We had a baptismal interview scheduled with Sister Rebecca Jones, but earlier that day she had received the news that she can't get pregnant. She cancelled her interview and postponed her baptism because she was too upset to talk to anyone. Sister Terry and I were already at the church waiting for her with the AP who was going to interview her. We were so sad! But then she called back about five minutes later and said she would be there in ten minutes and she wants to go through with her baptism this coming Saturday! That was a very emotional drop and climb again within five minutes of time for Sister Terry and I! Sister Jones is so faithful that she beat the trial that Satan put in her way to stop her baptism! 

We had a member see a man on the sidewalk who was rolling his wheel chair. He looked really exhausted so they picked him up to give him a ride. He was headed to CVS to pick up some things and had already wheeled himself 8 miles! He was so exhausted! He has Cerebral Palsy and he can't walk. They talked to him about the gospel in the car and gave him a pass-a-long card. We were able to visit him and teach him the restoration! Our members are amazing! Because they were willing to serve someone and then open up their mouth and share the gospel, a heart was softened and able to be nourished by the word. We are taking the same members who gave him a ride to the lessons with us. The members planted the seed, invited him to learn, and now are nourishing him. 

We met with Daniel and he wants to start meeting with us again about once a week or every other week! But...his girl friend is moving in with him.

Love,
Sister Jones

McCoy's

Sis. Germaneri

No comments:

Post a Comment