Texas

Texas

Monday, December 15, 2014

Last Day in Dallas 6th ward!!!

Hey y'all!
I am getting transferred! It came as a huge surprise to everyone in my zone, but I had kind of been feeling it for a few days and just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want it to be true! I came into this area with Sister Kerr and now I leave this area with Sister Kerr. I am so grateful that I was able to spend two transfers with her and be with her as she finishes her mission and prepares to go home. I love her so much, she has truly become my best friend (besides my family)! I light-heartedly blame her that I am leaving. In her exit interview she apparently told President Taylor that every sister should get the opportunity to serve with sister Greenall and I so of course the Lord told him to separate us as soon as possible =P Sister Kerr went around in church yesterday saying goodbye but little did everyone know that I would leave too! But I know I am needed elsewhere and I trust the Lord so I will happily leave. I have really grown to love Dallas 6 and all the members and investigators so I will really miss them! 
We had a great last week as a trio! The other night we went to an event that was going on at the park near us and Sister Kerr and I did a soapbox (we stood on a wall and addressed the whole crowd and shared a quick message) while sister Greenall passed out cards in the crowd. =) It was super fun! 
We also got to do member exchanges and teach two lessons at one time! I went out with a member to teach a Spanish lesson with a translator and sister Kerr and Greenall taught someone else. We had planned to split three ways and teach three at a time but one of them fell through. 
I got to sing at our Ward Christmas dinner with a sweet 9 year old girl who has recently decided to serve a mission because she got to go out with us =) We had 10 total investigators and less active members attend the Christmas party! Another reason I am so sad to leave the area because the work is on fire out here!
 I also get to sing at the transfer meeting tomorrow in front of the whole mission! Sister Greenall is going to sing a cool harmony part. =) 
I really appreciate the advent calendar quote thing that the Rice family sent, thanks to all who contributed to that! 
I have learned so much from this area and the missionaries and people I got to serve around =) 

Quote of the week: "how did you feel when you prayed?" -me
 "I felt like chocolate"-9 year old investigator =) 
The fruits of the spirit are sweet! =) 

Love,
Sister Melina Lillie Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment