Texas

Texas

Monday, June 1, 2015

Vision-->goals-->plans

Hey y'all!
We had iPad training on Wednesday! We should receive them a day or two after transfers.
The mission 5K was one of the highlights of my week! I absolutely LOVE running! It was so fun to train for it and to challenge myself. Running has not always come naturally for me.  In my senior year of high school I decided to be a great runner. I had that vision, so my goal was to shave down my 5K time by 3 minutes. I made plans to run routes that I had picked out every day. I was able to improve my time by 8 minutes. So training for it out here in the mission field has been a lot of fun! I believe any goal can be compared to this, even spiritual goals. We don't have to be naturally good or have a lot of skill in missionary work (planning, teaching, finding etc.), but if we prayerfully start out, work hard, and train diligently for these skills along with our vision, goals, and plans, we can accomplish miracles. Our weakness can be turned into our greatest strengths and we can come out on top as well as help others reach their potentials. Unlike the 5k at my high school, thankfully, life is not a race against each other, we are all on the same team against the adversary. It was so much fun to go back and cheer on my companion and finish the race with her as well, because we are working together in the strength of the Lord. 
Speaking of goals, Sister Iona and I have really enjoyed setting goals together this transfer. We had a goal to beat The Colony record of most lessons taught in one week and we beat it two weeks in a row! Last week with 36 and this last week with 37!!!
We saw so many miracles in The Colony this week! We have been teaching a very special family. The mother, Karina, expressed to us how important it was to her to raise her children as God would have her do and to protect and strengthen them against the world. The spirit was so strong and she was tearing up a little. Teaching this family is such a great privilege! 
Jaderious no longer has a baptismal date, he didn't feel ready. So we are going to keep working hard with him to strengthen his testimony in the restoration of the gospel. In a little bit we are going to go play basketball with him and then watch meet the Mormons! =) 
The Jones' are still amazing as always! They have gone above and beyond what is expected of someone to house missionaries!
Josh's grandmother, Marilouise is already through Mosiah in the Book of Mormon! She is such a sweet woman, we love working with her! She even gave us each a little book with daily bible scriptures in it! 
I was sad to hear about the deaths of a friend, apostle, and relative, but I am so grateful to know of Heavenly Father's plan for us. This life is not the end =)
Love,
Sister Jones


Josh and Sister Urrutia

Land's House, Brooklyn! =)

Marilouise and Josh!

Sister Underwood!

5K


No comments:

Post a Comment