Texas

Texas

Monday, January 19, 2015

Two baptisms this week!

Hey y'all!
Debbie and Ben were baptized on Saturday! It was an amazing service! Ben bore his testimony afterwards and it was so powerful he simply said "I can't quote the entire Book of Mormon and I am still working on understanding it, but I do know that the church is true. I am getting baptized because this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I am a very shy person and I only know my Aunt (Debbie) and my parents so I often wondered what would happen to me when they were gone, but now I know what would happen. I have a whole nother family now." The spirit was so strong at the baptism! I was privileged to be able to sing "When I am Baptized" as a special musical number right before they were baptized and Debbie started to cry! The entire experience was just so sweet and they are so humble and faithful!
Daniel was thinking about quitting on us again until I showed up on his suggested "people you may know" on facebook. There is no reason I should have come up on his facebook! We have no mutual friends! and he promised he didn't stalk me or anything. It was definitely the Lord telling him he needed to continue on the path of learning about the gospel and accepting it. 
We tracted into a sweet older woman who took the missionary discussions 30 years ago in Tennessee!!! She was so excited to see missionaries again and she wants to keep meeting with us! I wish there was a way to contact the missionaries that taught her 30 years ago to tell them that she is ready now and the seed that they planted may start to grow now!
We have been able to do quite a few member exchanges and teach multiple lessons at the same time this last week! hopefully we can keep that up! 
Love,
Sister Jones 



No comments:

Post a Comment