Texas

Texas

Monday, July 20, 2015

"thank you for loving me enough to cut me down"

hey y'all!
I am leaving The Colony! =(
It broke my heart to hear Elder Langford tell me that I have served my
purpose here in The Colony! I have grown to love this part of the
vinyard so much more than I thought I was capable. I am excited though
to see where the Lord would have me serve next. I will do my very best
and rely on the Lord for all the rest in my new area.

Sister Iona is so ready to take over =) I hope she gets to train soon!
She is amazing, a great example for all missionaries. Taking over the
area will be a wonderful opportunity for her to shine and lead! I am
so excited for her! She is going to dance her culture for our zone
today! =)

I was companions with Sister Chloe Warren for a day! On exchanges
Sister Warren showed our recent convert a video that probably touched
me more than anyone else in the room. It is called "The Will of God."
this video was about a Currant bush. The quote that stood out to me
was "thank you for loving me enough to cut me down" I felt that
Heavenly Father wanted me to see that video and feel that message
before transfers. It is comforting to me to know that being cut down
is a part of God's plan so we can grow into what he wants for us. This
new change allows for more humility and growth, which I am ever
grateful for. I have a wonderful chance to change and repent,
continuous change is what I should strive for.

We had our miracle baptism on Saturday! The spirit was SO strong! The
Less active couple that introduced Alexis to the church were crying
through it. Sister Marsh even gave a beautiful talk and bore a
powerful testimony at the baptism. Alexis bore her sweet testimony as
well.

We also set a baptismal date with two other investigators this week! I
hope I can come back for their baptisms! Carolyn has a new date for
August 1st, and Ramiro has a date for August 15th. I met Ramiro
tracting with Sister Terry 5 months ago and found him again at a gas
station a few dats ago.
Helen called us and told us she wants to be baptized!

We were on our way to an appointment last night and we called out to a
girl walking down the street, but she had her headphones in, so we had
to follow or casually as possible chase after her! When we finally and
slightly awkwardly got her attention she opened up to us and told us
her boyfriend has just died. We shared the message of life after death
and the Savior's atonement and ressurection for us and she started to
cry tears of joy! We hugged this complete stranger in the street. With
the spirit there, she was no longer a stranger to us, but a beautiful
and loved daughter of God. She is so excited to hear more of this
wonderful message of life, love, peace, joy, and hope!!!!

I feel lilke the most blessed Sister alive to have been here for so long!
y'all have a blessed week!

Love,
Sister Jones










No comments:

Post a Comment