Texas

Texas

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Texas Ice storms don't get us down!

Hey y'all!
This is a day late because we were not allowed to go outside yesterday, the roads were all iced over! There was no snow, it was all solid ice covering everything. It is melting today though. Since Monday is the day we usually shop, we were running low on food, but a couple in our ward had the prompting on Sunday before the ice storm to bring us extra food that they had and we were so grateful the Lord was looking out for us because he knew we wouldn't be shopping. We didn't let being stuck inside get us down though, we taught a few lessons over the phone and we stayed busy all day studying and calling people. 
We got to see the Nashville Tribute band on Saturday night! They invited the missionaries into a separate room of the stake center with them to say an opening prayer and I got to say it! We also told them about Josh (who we had brought with us). They invited the missionaries on stage to sing with them for two songs from their albums "the work" and "called to serve" it was super fun! Josh loved the concert! 
Josh is progressing really well. We taught him the word of wisdom over the phone yesterday and he committed to quit smoking. He called it the "tele-lesson"
Sister Rebecca Jones has been coming to church now every week and she is super solid. She is understanding the lessons a lot better now that her heart is open and she has a desire to know. 
Debbie and Ben are now called as ward missionaries! They have come to a few lessons with us already! They are meeting with the bishop to get limited use temple recommends! 
We tracted into a less active lady the other day who claims to now be Islamic, yet she was so concerned and wanted her son (who has passed away) to have his proxy baptism done. 
I have been studying humility and pondering on it a lot this week. Towards the beginning of this week we were called salespeople and solicitors and marketers several times. It kept stinging at first because the Gospel is my life and I feel like it deserves more respect than that. It doesn't bother me anymore when people say that because I realize that though my purpose is not to sell the gospel it is to invite others to accept it, it is all God's work. My pride should not get in the way, it is not about me. I am sad for those people, but as long as I know I am doing God's work it does not bother me to be called a salesperson.  Studying the lives of my ancestors has also helped me be more humble as I learn to love and respect them for their good works and sacrifice. I am so grateful that Grandma Rice was able to send me stories about herself and Grandpa Rice as well as Grandma Jennings and her mother. 
Love 
Sister Jones

Matching shirts, Nashville Tribute's lead singer, ice!



No comments:

Post a Comment