Texas

Texas

Monday, November 10, 2014

Last week of my first transfer!

Hey y'all!
Hal has a baptismal date!!!! Hal is our sci-fi investigator who has been taught by missionaries for a long long time. His biggest concern now is whether or not we will be able to find a big enough baptismal suit =) We assured him we would take care of it. Hal has been through so many Elders so hopefully there will be a lot of missionaries coming back for his baptism on December 6th.
Last Sunday an elderly man in our ward came up to us and offered to make us really cool and valuable inscribed wooden pens. He then showed us thank you notes personally signed from Thomas S. Monson and Boyd K. Packer for making them pens. He gave them pens to us the next week =) 
We had a really cool contact this week. Saturday night we were headed into a lesson and we stopped to talk to a guy and he said we both have this warm glow about us that shows light in our faces which we thought was super cool because it was dark outside already. =) So you could say the spirit has glow-in-the-dark qualities. =) I also had a nice conversation about the church with a banker on the phone when I was calling my debit card to get them to switch it to Texas.
We had a sisters conference on Friday and we read Ether 12:27. I thought about this scripture in a new way. It says: "if men will come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness." A mission really magnifies a missionaries weaknesses and strengths. Because my weaknesses have been magnified in my eyes it means I am coming closer to Christ! In order to recognize weakness you need to come unto Christ. This makes it easier to refine the weaknesses that I wouldn't have otherwise recognized. 
President Taylor is changing when we get transfer calls to Monday night before transfers on Tuesday so I won't know whether or not I'm being transferred until tonight, but I am probably not being transferred.
Hope y'all are having a great week!
Love,
Sister Melina Lillie Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment